Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Full of Gratitude

Wow.

There's no better gift I believe a person can give another than the gift of validation. Over the past 2 days you all have confirmed that for me.

It took me a month and a half of getting up the courage to email out the link to this blog. I revised the entries a million times, I deleted some posts, and spent more time than I would have liked by obsessing over how I might be perceived after sharing certain ideas with all who were likely to read them.  These writings are me: raw, honest, deep, and hopefully sometimes kind of funny me. In short, it took a lot for me to share this link with you all.

The messages I've received since publicizing this blog have truly touched my heart so very deeply. It's been such fun to hear from many of you I haven't heard from in a while, it's been enjoyable to share a deeper part of myself with those of you who know me on more of a surface level, and it's been tremendously touching to hear feedback on the ways in which you've connected with my thoughts and feelings.

I guess this goes to show that the best way to connect with others is by connecting with yourself.

Much love to you all,
Abby




No comments:

Post a Comment